1.Research Students Program（研究生）
Research Students at KOBE DU are allowed to conduct their own particular research under the supervision of an institute faculty member.
Those who possess either a bachelor’s or master’s degree, or those who are judged to possess an equivalent academic ability.
3.Study Duration （研究期間）
One semester (6months) or two semesters (one year)
An extension may be granted in certain cases
|Spring Semester||April/1/2018 ～ Sep/30/2018|
|Fall Semester||Oct/1/2018 ～ Mar/31/2019|
4.Research Guidelines （研究方法）
Research Students conduct their research following their own theme. They may take lectures as long as their supervisors permit, but no credits will be accredited.
Applicants must contact us with their intentions before the application period. Their eligibility will be confirmed and a consultation must be conducted with a professor whom they would like to do research under.
6.Application Period （出願期間）
|For Spring Semester||Feb/16/2018 ～ Feb/24/2018|
|For Fall Semester||June/22/2017 ～ June/30/2018|
7.Application Procedures （出願手続）
All the application documents must be submitted to the Admission Office by mail before the end of Application period. Please send by methods remain registered, recorded delivery, such as postal delivery record, a record of delivery.
8.Entrance Examination Fee （入学検定料）
9.Application Documents （出願書類）
- Application form in Japanese
- Research Plan in Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in Japanese
- Official graduation or prospective graduation certificate of the school last attended
- Official academic transcript of the school last attended
- Medical Examination Report written by a medical doctor in the last 3 months
- Letter of approval from employer
(only if the applicant is currently employed)
- 4×3 cm size photo taken in the last 3 months
- Proof of Japanese language proficiency Only (a) and / or (b) is accepted.
(a) N2 in JLPT (Japanese Proficiency Test)
(b) Score of 220 or above in Japanese in EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students)
※In case you are a MEXT scholarship student and do not meet the language requirement above, please contact us before starting the application.
- Copy of ID – e.g.) Passport, Certificate of Residence, Residence Card etc.
10. Entrance Procedures （入学手続）
Information relating to the entrance procedures will be sent to successful candidates.
They must register and pay tuition fees by the deadline
|Result Announcement||Deadline of Tuition fee Payment||Deadline of Declining|
|For Spring Semester||Around
|For Fall Semester||Around
11.Tuition Fee （学費）
|One Semester||One Year|
- All lectures are taught in Japanese only.
- Regardless of the outcome of the selection process, the application documents cannot be returned.
- Once the entrance examination fee and/or school fees are paid, they cannot be refunded. In case of cancelation of enrollment, only the school fees will be refunded if declinature for entrance is submitted by the deadline.
- The academic year starts in April.
Spring semester (April-September) / Fall semester (October-March)
- This page only provides basic information. More details are available on our Japanese website.