With its theme of the integration of science & technology and arts & culture,Kobe Design University upholds the following basic principles: 1) To offer courses on human,social and natural sciences, focusing on humanity and the history of human activities; 2) To improve students’ artistic sensibilities and expressive techniques enhanced by a good education; and 3) To foster designers, artists, and creators who can help enrich human life and culture.
- Founded in: 1989
- Total area of campus: 114,139m²
- Total floor area of campus buildings: 33,120m²
- Number of students: 1,740 (1,696undergraduates, 5044postgraduates)
- Number of faculty members: 319 (including 217 part-time members)
- Number of administrative staff members: 77
(including 17part-time members) As of December 2017
Parent Organization Tanioka Gakuen Educational Foundation Founding Philosophy
The founding philosophy of Kobe Design University is “training people who contribute to our society.” The university’s mission is to foster individuals 1) who are considerate and well-mannered; 2) who have basic practical knowledge; 3) who can think flexibly; and 4) who can live an enjoyable and fulfilling life.