Research Student Admission
1.Research Students Program（研究生）
Research Students at Kobe DU are allowed to conduct their own particular research under the supervision of an institute faculty member.
- Those who possess either a bachelor’s or master’s degree, or those who are judged to possess an equivalent academic ability.
- In case of international students (except for Kobe DU alumni or MEXT students), they must have a certificate of (1) and / or (2).
(1) N2 in JLPT(Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
(2) Score of 220 or above in Japanese EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students)
3.Study Duration （研究期間）
One semester (6 months) or two semesters (one year)
An extension may be granted in certain cases.
|ONE YEAR||April / 1 / 2019 ～ March / 31 / 2020|
|HALF-YEAR||> Spring Semester : April / 1 / 2019 ～ September / 30 / 2019
> Fall Semester : October / 1 / 2019 ～ March / 31 / 2020
4.Research Guidelines （研究方法）
Research Students conduct their research following their own theme.
They may take lectures as long as their supervisors permit, but no credits will be accredited.
Applicants must contact us with their intentions before applying.
Their eligibility will be confirmed and a consultation must be conducted with a professor whom they would like to do research under.
6.Application Period （出願期間）
|February / 09 / 2019 ～ February / 25 / 2019
※For applicants who plan to take an entrance examination for the Kobe DU Graduate School with the Schedule C, the application period is “February / 09 / 2019 ～ March / 4 / 2019”.
|June / 14 / 2019 ～ June / 29 / 2019|
7.Application Procedures （出願手続）
All the application documents must be submitted to the Admission Office by mail before the end of Application period.
Please send by registered mail.
8.Entrance Examination Fee （入学検定料）
9.Application Documents （出願書類）
- Application form in Japanese (Provided Form)
- Research Plan in Japanese (Provided Form)
- Curriculum Vitae in Japanese (Provided Form)
- Official Graduation or Prospective Graduation Certificate of the school last attended
- Official Academic Transcript of the school last attended
- Medical Examination Report written by a medical doctor in the last 3 months.
(In the case of Kobe DU alumni, submit the Medical Report we issue)
- Letter of approval from employer (Provided Form)
(only if the applicant is currently employed)
- 4×3 cm size photo taken in the last 3 months
- Proof of Japanese language proficiency
Only (a) and / or (b) is accepted.
(a) N2 in JLPT (Japanese Proficiency Test)
(b) Score of 220 or above in Japanese in EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students)
※If applicants are alumni of Kobe DU, submit “Official Academic Transcript” to prove accreditation of credit of the subject “Japanese”. Not necessary of (a) or (b).
※If applicants are MEXT scholarship students and do not meet the language requirement above, please contact us before starting the application.
- Copy of Passport and (a) or (b)
(a) Certificate of Residence or Residence Card of Japan
(b) Identity Certificate (Card) issued by the Japanese government, the foreign government approved by the Japanese government or the foreign embassy office in Japan, or Certificate which is equivalent to this.
10. Entrance Procedures （入学手続）
Information relating to the entrance procedures will be sent to successful candidates.
They must register and pay tuition fees by the deadline
|RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT||DEADLINE OF TUITION FEE PAYMENT||DEADLINE OF DECLINING|
|FOR SPRING SEMESTER||Around
March / 08 / 2019
|March / 18 / 2019||March / 30 / 2019|
July / 20 / 2019
|August / 02 / 2019||September / 20 / 2019|
11.Tuition Fee （学費）
|ONE SEMESTER||ONE YEAR|
|EQUIPMENT AND LABORATORY FEE||50,000||100,000|
- All the lectures are taught in Japanese only.
- Regardless of the outcome of the selection process, the application documents cannot be returned.
- Once the entrance examination fee and/or school fees are paid, they cannot be refunded. In case of cancelation of enrollment, only the school fees will be refunded if declinature for entrance is submitted by the deadline.
- This page only provides basic information. More details are available on our Japanese website. https://www.kobe-du.ac.jp/education/research/
Office of Academic Affairs