Bachelor Course Admission Criteria for International Students 2019 Spring
1. Number of Openings（募集人員）
|School||Department/Course||Number of Openings|
|Undergraduate School of Arts and Design||Environmental Design||Limited (several)|
|Product and Interior Design|
|Image Arts||Digital Creation Course (tentative)|
|Fashion and Textile Design|
|Arts and Crafts|
2. Selection Process（選考方法）
- Application Screening
- Creativity Evaluation
Demonstration of visual awareness, technical skill and creativity
- Individual interview
The entrance examination will be held at Kobe Design University. All applicants will be notified of the specific time and place for the entrance examination in which applicants demonstrate visual awareness, technical skill and creativity. Selection will be made on the basis of an applicant’s previous academic records and the results of the entrance examination and individual interviews by the members of the board. All applicants will be notified of selection results by mail.
Eligibility extends to applicants whose nationalities are other than Japanese, who have completed or expecting to complete twelve years of education as of March 31st of the year of admission, or more of primary and secondary education overseas, or who are designated by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology as having equivalent qualifications.
4. Application Documents（出願書類）
The following items must be submitted to the Admission Office, accompany by the entrance examination fee (35,000yen) . Please use the enclosed bank remittance note to pay the entrance examination fee.
- Application Form
- 4×3cm ID Photograph (must be taken in the last 3 months)
- Admission Ticket
- Entrance Examination Fee Confirmation Form
- Letter of Motivation
- Resume (CV)
- Certificate of Graduation or Expected Graduation from High School
- Official High School Academic Transcript
- Certificate which proves your Japanese language proficiency
- Certificate or copy of your passport that authenticate your identity
1~6,They should be written in Japanese.
7 and 8, If they are not written in Japanese or English, please translate it and take it to public institutions such as the embassy or consulate to obtain a certificate of translation.
9, Please submit one of the followings;
- Results of Japanese subject of “Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) ”
- Results of “Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) ”
- Any certificates issued by a Japanese language School or certificates that prove your Japanese educational experience.
<Residing outside Japan>
Please submit one of the followings;
- Identification certificate issued by the Japanese government, foreign government approved by the Japanese government or the diplomatic missions of Japan, or its equivalent certificate.
- Copy of Passport (All pages)
* If you wish to apply for the examination, please request application materials to the Office of Admission & Public Relations
5. Creativity Evaluation（表現力試験）
Applicants will be asked to bring their work that are not designated (3D, 2D, Drawings, Model, Photography, Report, Achievement of the extracurricular activities etc.) as far as they are created by the applicants. The number of the work is not limited but should be curriable by one person.
6. Schedule for the Procedures (for the year 2019) （日程）
|Application Period *||Sep/26/2018 (Wed) ~ Oct/05/2018 (Fri)|
|Entrance Examination||Nov/03/2018 (Sat)|
|Notification of Selection Results||Nov/09/2018 (Fri)|
|Registrations and Payment of Entrance Fee||Nov/09/2018 (Fri) ~ Nov/22/2018 (Thu)|
*Application items must arrive within the period.
- Information relating to enrollment procedures will be sent to successful candidates.
- Applicants who are admitted to Kobe Design University must register and pay an entrance fee.
7. Annual Tuition Fee（学費）
|Spring Semester||Fall Semester||Total/Year|
(Only the first year)
|Educational Enhancement Fee||137,500||137,500||137,500||137,500||550,000|
* Educational Support Association fee (\40,000) and Students Forum fee (\20,000) are required when enrollment.
* The fees do not include personal expenses for travels, books or materials.
- Applicants residing outside Japan should contact the Admission Office regarding the admission procedures and the information materials.
- Japanese language proficiency is essential. All application materials and examinations are in Japanese
- All lectures are taught in Japanese only.
- There are Japanese language classes for foreign students and a tutoring system by Japanese students is available.
- Kobe Design University has no dormitory but apartments dedicated for Kobe DU students are available for international students.
- The Academic year starts in April. Spring Semester (April-September) / Fall Semester (October-March)
- This page only provides basic information. More details are available on our Japanese website. http://www.kobe-du.ac.jp/exam/
For more details, please contact us.
Office of Admission & Public Relations