Transfer Students Special Admission Criteria 2022 Spring
1. Number of Openings（募集人員）
|School||Department/Course||Number of Openings|
|Undergraduate School of Arts and Design||Environmental Design||Limited (several)|
|Product and Interior Design|
|Image Arts||Digital Creation Course|
|Fashion and Textile Design|
|Arts and Crafts|
2. Enrollment Year（入学年次）
The enrollment year (2nd year or 3rd year) will be determined by the selection examination.
3. Transfer Credit（編・転入後の単位認定）
Credits obtained at your home institution will be transferred after the evaluation at Kobe DU. Transfer credits are limited to no more than 62 credits for 3rd year enrollment, and no more than 31credits for 2nd year enrollment.
※Kobe DU: Kobe Design University
4. Selection Process（選考方法）
- Application Screening
- Creativity Evaluation of your art works
※Please see more details about what art works you must bring on page 35 of 2022 Admission Guideline Booklet.
- Individual Interview
The entrance examination will be held at Kobe DU. At the interview, applicants will be asked general questions like the motivation for applying as well as questions about art works you bring. All applicants will be notified of selection results by mail.
Eligibility extends to applicants who meet one of the following criteria from 1 to 6.
- Those who have graduated from four-year university or junior college, or are expecting to graduate from it before the end of March 2022.
- Those who have graduated from technical college / vocational high school, or are expecting to graduate from it before the end of March 2022.
- Those who have completed a specialized course at specialized training college designated by MEXT, or are expecting to complete it before the end of March 2022.(However, this is restricted to those who hold a qualification to enter university designated by the School Education Act, Article 90).
- Those who have completed an advanced course at upper secondary school designated by MEXT, or are expecting to complete it before the end of March 2022. (However, this is restricted to those who hold a qualification to enter university designated by the School Education Act, Article 90).
- Those who have been at four-year university or junior college for more than one year and achieved over 30 credits, or have been at four-year university or junior college for more than two years and achieved over 62 credits.
- Those who are recognized by Kobe DU as having qualifications equivalent or superior to criteria 1, 2, 3 or 4.
・Those who have a certificate of (a) and / or (b) if you are a foreign student.
(a) N2 or above in JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
(b) Score of 220 or above in 「Reading Comprehension」and「Listening and Listening – Reading Comprehension」of Japanese EJU (Examination for Japanese UniversityAdmission for International Students)
※MEXT: Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Sciences and Technology.
6. Application Documents（出願書類）
1. Internet Application Form
3. Letter of Motivation
4.Certificate of Graduation or Expected Graduation (Applicants who fall under “Eligibility” criteria 1, 2, 3 or 4.)
5.Certificate of Enrollment / Registration (Applicants who fall under “Eligibility” criteria 1 or 5.)
6.Official Academic Transcript
7.Certificate that proves your current courses and credits (If you are currently a student)
8.Syllabus or Lecture outlines
9.Japanese Language Certificate (Copy) (a) and/or (b)
(a) JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
(b) EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students)
10.Copy of your passport (pages of your name and photo)
11.Double-sided copy of your residence card or certificate of alien registration, if you currently live in Japan.
- Items 1, 2 and 3 should be written in Japanese.
- Please use Kobe DU prescribed forms for Items 2 and 3. Forms are available at our Japanese website.
- Items 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 should be written in Japanese or English. If not, please translate them and obtain translation certificates from public institutions such as the embassy or consulate. All the pages of documents need to be stamped by public institutions.
- Item 9, 10 and 11 are required if you are a foreign student
- We may ask you to submit documents other than the above if necessary.
7. Application Steps（出願の流れ）
All applicants will follow this step-by-step guide to apply for Kobe DU. Please find more details on our Japanese website. https://www.kobe-du.ac.jp/exam/
STEP1: Internet Entry
Please go to https://e-apply.jp/ds/kobe-du/ .
STEP2: My Page Registration
Create your account for Kobe DU admission.
STEP3: Application Registration
Fill in an application form for Kobe DU admission.
STEP4: Choose the payment method. The entrance examination fee is 35,000yen.
STEP5: Print out the Internet Application Form.
STEP6: Send the required documents by a registered express mail.
STEP7: Print out the Admission Ticket to Examination. This ticket will be sent to your Internet Entry page by Kobe DU by two days before the examination.
8. Schedule for 2022 Admission（日程）
|Procedures||Schedule I||Schedule II|
|Application Period||Sep/24/2021(Fri)- Oct/7/2021 (Thu)
Arrival by 13:40 Interview from 14:00
|Deadline of Sending Application Documents||Oct/08/2021 (Fri)||Jan/13/2022 (Thu)|
|Entrance Examination||Nov/13/2021 (Sat)||Feb/05/2022 (Sat)
Arrival by 13:40 Interview from 14:00
|Nov/19/2021 (Fri)||Feb/12/2022 (Sat)|
|Registrations and Payment
of Entrance Fee
|Nov/19/2021(Fri)– Dec/02/2021 (Thu)||Enrollment Fee: Feb/12/2022 (Sat) – Feb/18/2021 (Fri)
Tuition Fee: Feb/12/2022 (Sat) – Feb/25/2022 (Fri)
- Applicants who do not have Japanese nationality, and live and have completed education outside Japan do not need to pay the entrance examination fee. However, the application documents must be arrived by October 8th 2021 for ScheduleⅠor January 13th 2022 for ScheduleⅡ. Those who live outside Japan can start an application process earlier than the scheduled time by contacting us in advance.
- The selection result will be mailed to an applicant. Information relating to enrollment procedures will be sent to successful candidates.
- Applicants who are admitted to Kobe DU must register and pay an entrance fee within the scheduled period.
- Arrival and interview time of the examination might be changed due to the number of applicants.
9. Annual Tuition Fee（学費）
| Enrollment Fee
(Only the first year)
|Educational Enhancement Fee||275,000||275,000||550,000|
* Educational Support Association fee (\40,000) , Students Forum fee (\20,000) and Alumni Organization Fee( \10,000) are required at the time of enrollment.
* The fees do not include personal expenses for travels, books or materials.
- All lectures are taught in Japanese only.
- Japanese language classes for foreign students and a tutoring system by senior students are available at Kobe DU.
- Kobe DU has no dormitory but apartments dedicated for Kobe DU students are available for international students. (The number of rooms is limited.)
- The academic year starts in April. Spring Semester (April-September) /Fall Semester (October-March)
- This page only provides basic information. Applicants must read the full guideline on our Japanese website. https://www.kobe-du.ac.jp/exam/
For more details, please contact us.
Kobe Design University
Office of Admission & Public Relations