Transfer Students Special Admission Criteria 2021 Spring
1. Number of Openings（募集人員）
|School||Department/Course||Number of Openings|
|Undergraduate School of Arts and Design||Environmental Design||Limited (several)|
|Product and Interior Design|
|Image Arts||Digital Creation Course|
|Fashion and Textile Design|
|Arts and Crafts|
2. Enrollment Year（入学年次）
The enrollment year (2nd year or 3rd year) will be determined by the selection examination.
3. Transfer Credit（編・転入後の単位認定）
Credits obtained at your home institution will be transferred after the evaluation at Kobe DU. Transfer credits are limited to no more than 62 credits for 3rd year enrollment, and no more than 31credits of 2nd year enrollment.
※Kobe DU: Kobe Design University
4. Selection Process（選考方法）
- Application Screening
- Creativity Evaluation
- Demonstration of visual awareness, technical skill and creativity
- Individual interview
The entrance examination will be held at Kobe Design University. All applicants will be notified of the specific time and place for the entrance examination in which applicants demonstrate visual awareness, technical skill and creativity. Selection will be made on the basis of an applicant’s previous academic records, the results of the entrance examination and individual interviews by the members of the board. All applicants will be notified of selection results by mail.
Eligibility extends to applicants who meet one of the following criteria from 1 to 6.
- Those who have graduated from four-year university, junior college or technical college/vocational high school, or are expecting to graduate from it before the end of March 2021.
- Those who have completed a specialized course at specialized training college designated by MEXT, or are expecting to complete it before the end of 2021.(However, this is restricted to those who hold a qualification to enter university designated by the School Education Act, Article 90).
- Those who have completed an advanced course at upper secondary school designated by MEXT, or are expecting to complete it before the end of 2021. (However, this is restricted to those who hold a qualification to enter university designated by the School Education Act, Article 90).
- Those who have been at four-year university or junior college for more than one year and achieved over 30 credits, or have been at four-year university or junior college for more than two years and achieved over 62 credits.
- Those who are recognized by Kobe DU as having qualifications equivalent or superior to criteria 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- Those who have a certificate of (a) and / or (b) if you are a foreign student.
(a) N2 or above in JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
(b) Score of 220 or above in Japanese EJU (Examination for Japanese UniversityAdmission for International Students)
※MEXT: Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Sciences and Technology.
※Kobe DU: Kobe Design University
6. Application Documents（出願書類）
All applicants will follow this step-by-step guide to apply for Kobe DU. Please find more details on our Japanese website. https://www.kobe-du.ac.jp/exam/
STEP1: Internet Entry
Please go to https://e-apply.jp/myp/kobe-du/ to start a registration.
STEP2: My Page Registration
Create your account for Kobe DU admission.
STEP3: Application Registration
Fill in an application form for Kobe DU admission.
STEP4: Choose the payment method. The entrance examination fee is 35,000yen.
STEP5: Print out the Internet Application Form.
STEP6: Send the following items by a registered express mail.
1. Internet Application Form
2. Resume (CV)
3.Certificate of Graduation or Expected Graduation (Applicants who fall under “Eligibility” criteria 1 or 2.)
4.Certificate of Enrollment / Registration (Applicants who fall under “Eligibility” criteria 3 or 4.)
5.Official Academic Transcript
6.Certificate that proves your current courses and credits (If you are currently a student)
7.Syllabus or Lecture outlines
8.Japanese Language Certificate (Copy) (1) and/or (2)
(1) N2 or above in JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test)
(2) Score of 220 or above in Japanese EJU (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students)
9.Copy of your passport (pages of your name and photo)
10.Double-sided copy of your residence card or certificate of alien registration, if you currently live in Japan.
STEP7: Print out the Admission Ticket to Examination. This ticket will be sent by Kobe DU to your Internet Entry page.
- Items 1~2 should be written in Japanese.
- Please use Kobe DU prescribed forms for Items 2. Forms are available at our Japanese website.
- Items 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 should be written in Japanese or English. If not, please translate them and obtain translation certificates from public institutions such as the embassy or consulate.
- Item 8, 9 and 10 are required if you are a foreign student
7. Creativity Evaluation（表現力試験）
Applicants will be asked to bring their own work (3D, 2D, Drawings, Model, Photography, Report, Achievement of the extracurricular activities etc.) created by the applicants. The number of the works is not limited but should be carriable by one person. Applicants for Manga Media course need to bring specific works. Please find more details on our Japanese website.
8. Schedule for the Procedures for the year 2021（日程）
|Procedures||Schedule I||Schedule II|
|Application Period||Sep/25/2020(Fri)- Oct/15/2020 (Thu)||Jan/05/2021(Tue)– Jan/14/2021 (Thu)|
|Entrance Examination||Nov/14/2020 (Sat)||Feb/06/2021 (Sat)|
|Notification of Selection Results||Nov/20/2020 (Fri)||Feb/13/2021 (Sat)|
|Registrations and Payment of Entrance Fee||Nov/20/2020(Fri)– Dec/03/2020 (Thu)||Feb/13/2021 (Sat) – Enrollment Fee: Feb/19/2021 (Fri) Tuition Fee: Feb/26/2021 (Fri)|
- Application items must arrive within the Application Period. The mail should be postmarked on or before October 15th 2020 for Schedule I or January 14th 2021 for Schedule Ⅱ.
- Applicants who do not have Japanese nationality and live outside Japan don’t need to pay the entrance examination fee. However, all the application items must arrive by October 15th 2020 for Schedule I or January 14th 2021 for Schedule Ⅱ. If you prefer to send items early, please contact us.
- Information relating to enrollment procedures will be sent to successful candidates.
- Applicants who are admitted to Kobe Design University must register and pay an entrance fee.
* In the examination scheduled in “I”, examination for the Department of Image Arts and the Department of Manga media will not be carried out.
9. Annual Tuition Fee（学費）
| Enrollment Fee
(Only the first year)
|Educational Enhancement Fee||275,000||275,000||550,000|
* Educational Support Association fee (\40,000) , Students Forum fee (\20,000) and Alumni Organization Fee( \10,000) are required when enrollment.
* The fees do not include personal expenses for travels, books or materials.
- All lectures are taught in Japanese only.
- Japanese language classes for foreign students and a tutoring system by Japanese students are available at Kobe DU.
- Kobe Design University has no dormitory but apartments dedicated for Kobe DU students are available for international students. (The number of rooms is limited.)
- The Academic year starts in April. Spring Semester (April-September) /Fall Semester (October-March)
- This page only provides basic information. More details are available on our Japanese website. https://www.kobe-du.ac.jp/exam/
For more details, please contact us.
Kobe Design University
Office of Admission & Public Relations