Transfer Students Special Admission Criteria 2019 Spring
1. Number of Openings（募集人員）
|School||Department/Course||Number of Openings|
|Undergraduate School of Arts and Design||Environmental Design||Limited (several)|
|Product and Interior Design|
|Image Arts||Digital Creation Course (tentative)|
|Fashion and Textile Design|
|Arts and Crafts|
2. Enrollment Year（入学年次）
The enrollment year (2nd year or 3rd year) will be determined by the selection examination.
3. Transfer Credit（編・転入後の単位認定）
No more than 62 points of credit for 3rd grade enrollment, and no more than 31points of 2nd grade enrollment in KOBE DU will be awarded as transfer credit after evaluating credits you have obtained at another institution.
4. Selection Process（選考方法）
The following items must be submitted to the Admission Office, accompany by the entrance examination fee (35,000yen) . Please use the enclosed bank remittance note to pay the entrance examination fee.
- Application Screening
- Creativity Evaluation
Demonstration of visual awareness, technical skill and creativity
- Individual interview
The entrance examination will be held at Kobe Design University. All applicants will be notified of the specific time and place for the entrance examination in which applicants demonstrate visual awareness, technical skill and creativity. Selection will be made on the basis of an applicant’s previous academic records and the results of the entrance examination and individual interviews by the members of the board. All applicants will be notified of selection results by mail.
Any person who falls under any of the following items:
- Those having graduated from a Japanese four-year university, junior college or technical college/vocational high school, or those expecting to graduate in March of the year of admission.
- Those having completed a curriculum at a Japanese specialized training college meeting the criteria laid out by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, or those expected to have done so by March of the year of admission. (However, restricted to those holding qualifications to enter university prescribed by Article 90 of the School Education Act) .
- Those having quit a four-year university or junior college after the completion of their first year and achieved over 30 credits.
- Those expecting to complete their first year by March 31st of the year of admission, and expecting to achieve over 30 credits by March 31st of the year of admission.
- Those with qualifications recognized by the University to be equivalent to 1, 2, 3 or 4.
6. Application Documents（出願書類）
The following items must be submitted to the Admission Office.
- Application Form
- 4×3cm ID Photograph (must be taken in the last 3 months)
- Admission Ticket
- Entrance Examination Fee Confirmation Form (Entrance Examination Fee is 35,000yen)
- Letter of Motivation
- Resume (CV)
- Certificate of Graduation or Expected Graduation (Person who falls under 1, 2 in “Eligibility”)
- A certificate of Enrollment / Registration (Person who falls under 3, 4 in “Eligibility”)
- Official Academic Transcript from highest-level of school completed
- Certificate that proves your credits currently expected to be awarded (If current student)
- Syllabus or Lecture outlines
- Certificate of Japanese Language Proficiency
- Certificate or copy of your passport that authenticates your identity
1~6 : They should be written in Japanese.
7~11 : If they are not written in Japanese or English, please translate it and take it to public institutions such as the embassy or consulate to obtain a certificate of translation.
12 : Please submit one of the following;
- Results of Japanese subject of “Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) ”
- Results of “Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) ”
- Any certificates issued by a Japanese language School or certificates that prove your Japanese education experience.
13: < Residing in Japan > Please submit one of the followings;
- Copy of Resident Record (issued by administrative institution)
- Copy of Residence card (Both sides)
- Copy of Passport (All pages)
< Residing outside Japan >
Please submit one of the followings;
- Identification certificate issued by the Japanese government, foreign government approved by the Japanese government or the diplomatic missions of Japan, or its equivalent certificate.
- Copy of Passport (All pages)
* If you wish to apply for the examination, please request application materials to the Office of Admission & Public Relations.
7. Creativity Evaluation（表現力試験）
Applicants will be asked to bring their work that are not designated (3D, 2D, Drawings, Model, Photography, Report, Achievement of the extracurricular activities etc.) as far as they are created by the applicants. The number of the work is not limited but should be curriable by one person.
8. Schedule for the Procedures (for the year 2019) （日程）
|Application Period *||Aug/20/2018 (Mon) – Aug/31/2018 (Fri)||Sep/26/2018 (Wed) – Oct/05/2018 (Fri)||Nov/14/2018 (Wed) – Nov/26/2018 (Mon)||Dec/21/2018 (Fri) – Jan/11/2019 (Fri)|
|Entrance Examination||Sep/22/2018 (Sat)||Nov/03/2018 (Sat)||Dec/16/2018 (Sun)||Feb/02/2019 (Sat)|
|Notification of Selection Results||Sep/28/2018 (Fri)||Nov/09/2018 (Fri)||Dec/21/2018 (Fri)||Feb/08/2019 (Fri)|
|Registrations and Payment of Entrance Fee||Sep/28/2018 (Fri) – Oct/11/2018 (Thu)||Nov/09/2018 (Fri) – Nov/22/2018 (Thu)||Dec/21/2018 (Fri) – Jan/11/2019 (Fri)||Feb/08/2019 (Fri) – Feb/15/2019 (Fri)|
* Application items must arrive within the application period.
- Information relating to enrollment procedures will be sent to successful candidates.
- Applicants who are admitted to Kobe Design University must register and pay an entrance fee .
* In the examination scheduled in “I”, examination for the Department of Image Arts and the Department of Manga media will not be carried out.
9. Annual Tuition Fee（学費）
|Spring Semester||Fall Semester||Total/Year|
(Only the first year)
|Educational Enhancement Fee||137,500||137,500||137,500||137,500||550,000|
* Educational Support Association fee (\40,000) and Students Forum fee (\20,000) are required when enrollment
* The fees do not include personal expenses for travels, books or materials.
- Applicants residing outside Japan should contact the Admission Office regarding the admission procedures and the information materials.
- Japanese language proficiency is essential. All application materials and examinations are in Japanese
- All lectures are taught in Japanese only.
- There are Japanese language classes for foreign students and a tutoring system by Japanese students is available.
- Kobe Design University has no dormitory.
- The Academic year starts in April. Spring Semester (April-September) /Fall Semester (October-March)
- This page only provides basic information. More details are available on our Japanese website. http://www.kobe-du.ac.jp/exam/
For more details, please contact us.
Office of Admission & Public Relations